The Keiretsu Forum is the world’s largest angel investor network with 850 accredited investors in 21 chapters on three continents. The Silicon Valley Chapter has brought a new innovation to the network in the form of the Entrepreneur Academy program.
Through the Entrepreneur Academy program, entrepreneurs have the opportunity to:
1) learn/reinforce business basics
2) learn/reinforce what Keiretsu Forum members expect
3) learn/reinforce how to prepare for and execute at Keiretsu Forum presentations
4) learn/reinforce how to engage in a broader community of investors and entrepreneurs
The entrepreneurs that participate get classroom setting exposure and contact with Keiretsu Forum members and partners that have volunteered their time, expertise, and experience to improve the probability of success for those who choose to attend the academy. While the program has been successful in equipping entrepreneurs for more than three years, opportunities to innovate continue.
One such opportunity is the new role of K4 Ambassador. Like the EA faculty, ambassadors are seasoned entrepreneurs charged to work with EA attendees specifically to foster integration of what they learn in each session into the operations of their businesses. As an ambassador of the EA program, specifically, and the Keiretsu Forum as a whole, each ambassador becomes the personal resource portal for the entrepreneurs with whom each works. Each ambassador is to:
1) attend each EA session
2) adopt up to 6 EA session attendees
a. have a 1 on 1 meeting with each during the week following each session
b. have at least two weekly follow-up phone conversations following each session
3) identify and facilitate connection with Keiretsu Forum members and partners that may contribute to successful next steps
The time commitment for each ambassador is roughly 20 hours per session or 60 hours for each series; 1 session per month for 3 months.